The “E” license coaching course is designed to:
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team.
- Help coaches understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the basic stage of our long term athlete development model.
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- To understand and effectively apply the principles of Long Term Athlete Development.
- To demonstrate competency in planning an age-appropriate training session.
- To demonstrate the essential competencies to execute a team training session that is focused on a technical function of the game.
- To understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending in a small-sided game environment. (3v3 to 9 v 9 adaptable to local competition structure)
US Soccer "E" Manual
- The course will last 18 hours and will be held on Friday from 6:00 to 9:00 pm, Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm @ CPASS in Morgantown and the WVU Rec Field.
- Interested coaches can contact Andre Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaches must attend all sessions to obtain certificate. Cost for the course is $75.00.
- Coaches must pre-register at http://www.wvsoccer.net/coaching_eduction/upcoming_courses/