We have set a referee meeting for:
Date: Tuesday, March 29th, 2016, at 6:30 p.m.
Location: Pavilion in Monongah across from Monongah Volunteer Fire Department 134 Bridge St, Monongah, WV 26554.
Time: 6:30 p.m.
We plan on using the same system we used last fall for signing up for games. (Josh and I are working on completing the schedule) We have made the adjustment of adding the team names to the schedule so you can see who's game it is you are signing up to referee.
We encourage everyone to try to attend this meeting to briefly discuss some of the information we did last season before the start of the season. Also, it's your opportunity to offer suggestions in changes we can make to make the system better.
Here are some things we discussed last season:
1. Josh Wilson is the referee assignor for recreational games with the assistance from Todd Hoy and Susie Miller.
2. Sonya Hedrick is the referee assignor for the travel games.
3. All pay slips are due every other Wednesday and checks will be at the complex the following Saturday.
(First slips due April 13th, 2016)
4. Please advise the board of any issues that arise at a game with a coach and/or parent immediately.
5. Don't sign up to referee family member games.
6. Please focus on signing up for upcoming games first instead of going to the end of the season.
7. We will still be using an online system to assign our games.
8. If there is something you think will help with the link when signing up for games, please let us know. The link will be released soon.
9. You must complete a W9 before you will receive your first pay check.
10. For update information keep an eye on our referee tab on our website: marionsoccer.org => Information => Referees
11. You must have finished your re-certification before signing up for any games.
Things discussed how the link will work:
1. You will create your account. Very simple to do.
2. You will only sign up for games that you can actually referee. (We do not want someone signing up for games and then cancelling)
3. Only sign up for games in which you are capable to referee. For example: A new referee is not going to sign up for center referee on the U14 and U12 games. If you have questions on what games you should signing up for, please ask Josh Wilson to be sure.
4. When signing up for games please allow others time to get some games in as well.
5. Todd will be notified by email from the software when someone signs up for a game or cancels one they previously signed up for. Remember only sign up when you are sure you can keep the commitment of reffing the game.