DeNardi – Wright Friendly Games
For the past 4 years, the U5 through U8 MCYSA Spring soccer season has concluded with the DeNardi-Wright Friendly Games. This year that tradition will continue and the games will be hosted on[[DATE]] at the MCYSA Soccer Complex. Information about this event is listed below. MCYSA's goal is for all of the Spring 2015 teams to participate.
Some basic information regarding the DeNardi-Wright Friendly games:
- This event is an all-inclusive, season ending event for teams in the U5 to U8 divisions.
- All teams have been scheduled to participate and there will not be an entry fee. The scheduled opening round games have been upload to the marionsoccer.org website.
- All of the kids will receive a Medal at the conclusion of their participation in the event. HUGE THANK YOU TO OMNI ASSOCIATES - ARCHITECTS FOR SPONSORING THE MEDALS!
- All games will be played at the MCYSA - "For the Kids" Soccer Complex on June 6th, 2015.
- All players/teams/coaches shall adhere to the general posted rules of MCYSA.
- Each individual player is responsible for his/her own drink, snack, meal, etc.
- Remember, this is a multi-game event so prepare accordingly. The concession stand at the complex will be open during the event.
- If lightning or severe weather is present, all games shall be postponed until at least twenty (20) minutes after the last lightning in the area or the severe weather has passed. If lightning/severe weather persists, the event will be cancelled.
- Each age division's game schedule was set up using a "Pool plus Bracket" format (the brackets are attached).
- If your team finishes as the top team in your pool, you will play in the bracketed "W(pool #) vs W(pool #)" games that appear on the marionsoccer.org schedule. To determine the top team in each pool, the teams will be awarded 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss (goal differential is the first tie-breaker and head-to-head is the second tie-breaker).
- The game official will keep the clock and control the flow of the game.
- Each game shall be 15 minutes long - it will be a continuously running game clock. There will be 5 minutes between games. So, please be sure to have your team warmed up and ready to play when the prior game concludes.
- Coaches should attempt to permit equal playing time for all players.
- All substitutions shall be made on the fly.
- Players who are not on the field should remain on their respective bench during the game.
- Coaches are NOT permitted on the field during game play; provided, a coach may enter onto the field to attend to an injured player.
- NO GOALIES.
- No off-sides will be called.
- No defensive player shall be permitted to stand within the crease (semicircle) in front of their goal unless an offensive player with the ball is within three (3) feet of that defender. If a team has a player standing within the crease (semicircle) acting as goalie, that team will receive a warning - a second warning will result in a turnover with offensive team restarting the ball via corner kick.
- No player (offense or defense) shall be permitted within the crease (semicircle) during throw-ins or corner kicks.
- Throw-ins shall restart from out-of-bounds. Improper throw-ins will result in a turnover to the other team (who shall restart from the location of the violation with a throw-in).
- No goals from kickoff - the ball must touch another player following kickoff before a goal may be scored.
- No direct kicks - even for penalties.
- The ball must be placed on the crease (semicircle) for goal kicks.
- All teams/players/coaches must exhibit good sportsmanship. Similarly, all teams/players/coaches shall exhibit respect for the officials and adhere to their calls. No protests by coaches will be recognized or tolerated.
- Fouls will be called. Two yellow cards equal a red. A red card shall result in the ejection of that player for the remainder of the game in which the red card was received and for the following game (i.e. if a player gets a red card in game 1, that player is out for the rest of game 1 and for game 2). COACHES - explain to your kids the consequences of yellow / red cards!
- No slide tackles.
- Each team shall wear the uniform that they wore during the season or a uniform of the SAME color. This will prevent two teams of identical color playing each other. Teams may alter their uniforms as they see fit (i.e. put names on the back, decorate them, etc.)
If you or a business/organization that you know would like to sponsor this Event, I have attached a flyer that details our sponsorship options. This is a great opportunity to have your logo seen by 350+ families in one day, while also showing your support for our community organization.
HAVE RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVE FUN!
© 2015 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.